Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Youyu Shao <yo...@crd.com> on 2018/12/14 13:59:46 UTC

For Artemis, is there a way to set consumerWindowSize differently on per JMS consumer basis?

Hello,

We are using Artemis 2.6.2 as JMS server/broker. We have one JMS connection
created from
org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.client.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.

We have two JMS queues, both are used as task distribution/load-balancing
mechanism.
One queue contains complex tasks taking long time to process, while the
other
contains simple tasks taking little time to finish.

Each queue have multiple JMS consumers. We would like to see if there is a
way
to configure the consumers of the complex task queue with
consumerWindowSize=0,
and configure the consumers of the simple task queue with
consumerWindowSize=-1.

Simply put, is there a way to set consumerWindowSize differently on per JMS
consumer basis?

Thanks

Youyu

Re: For Artemis, is there a way to set consumerWindowSize differently on per JMS consumer basis?

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I just send a dev list post with a heads up.

If you guys could answer it there.

I’m planning 2.7.0 soon.  We won’t probably be doing many 2.6.x unless
really needed.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: For Artemis, is there a way to set consumerWindowSize differently on per JMS consumer basis?

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
It would be nice to set producing credits per address as well.  (Me
thinking as an user)

I will need to check about anonymous producers thought.

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 1:24 PM Youyu Shao <yo...@crd.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much. This is very helpful. What is the timeframe for 2.7.0?
>
> Thanks again,
>

> --
> Sent from:

Clebert Suconic

Re: For Artemis, is there a way to set consumerWindowSize differently on per JMS consumer basis?

Posted by Youyu Shao <yo...@crd.com>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
When version 2.7.0 is released you will be able to set a default
consumerWindowSize per address so you should be able to accomplish what you
want.

See
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/docs/user-manual/en/address-model.md#configuring-addresses-and-queues-via-address-settings
At the bottom there is a new config parameter called