Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ma...@aol.com on 2002/09/27 22:04:16 UTC

Re: RE: Handler information not found

Last month this thread went on for a bit and then died out.  I wondering if there was a fix to the solution, e.g. using the auth-protect action I've protected a set of pages.  When the user is not logged in, the login page correctly shows up, and then the authentication resource is called.  After looking within the sitemap.log, I can see that the authentication resource worked correctly as a map is returned (albeit empty, but better than null).

At this point my problems occur, e.g. the handler information not found exception is thrown.  In looking at the stack trace, it appears as though the issue is within the auth-protect action where the protected resource is being checked again (presumably it should work this time as we've successfully logged in).  The auth-protect action then calls the authentication manager where the exception is thrown.  It appears as though its looking for some values found within the request object???

Anyway each of the authentication actions login, loggedIn, logout and auth-protect all have a handler parameter and successfully worked to get the login page up so I don't think this is the problem, e.g. poor sitemap configuration.

Basically I can login but I cannot get to a protected page without this exception occuring.

Any clues.  Also cocoon:/ vs cocoon:// I don't think has anything to do with this.  I use cocoon:/  Furthermore I'm unable to not use cocoon:/ as the cocoon can't resolve the URI without it (I get separate issues with that).

My build is from a week or so ago, e.g. development snapshot.

thanks, MD

Am 30.08.2002 15:14:46, schrieb "Koen Pellegrims" <ko...@pandora.be>:

>AFAIK cocoon:// goes back to the higher-level sitemap; have you tried
>"cocoon:/" ? (only one slash)

Yes we have tested it but it does not work.

Dirk