Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Mendes <dm...@mct.gov.br> on 2007/02/14 10:42:26 UTC

svn dont show the status of files

Good Day,
    I've updated the Subversion at the working stations from 1.2.x to
1.4.x, but the server, that is running FreeBSD, still with the 1.2.x
version. The problem is with the working copies at the local machines.
Every time a single file is modified, the all folder is set with the
"unknow" status, and this why the client dont know what to commit. By
the way we are using the eSVN client. I've notice that are two files in
".svn": format and entrys. The valeu of format is 4 in 1.2.x version and
at the 1.4.x is set to 8. The entry file is complitely diferent between
the 1.2.x and the 1.4.x version. I depend on a answer to get this
upgrade done.
Regards
--
_*Daniel de Souza Lima Mendes
*_Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT

Re: svn dont show the status of files

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 14, 2007, at 10:57, Daniel Mendes wrote:

> Thanks for the quick answer. Im using the server as 1.2.x and the
> clients at 1.4.x and my problem is this: Ive just complited a
> checkout of a project. the status is set to unknown. This way I
> just cant tell the files that are up to date or not. I tried the
> update, and the status didnt changed. Im using the eSVN client
> version 0.6.8. Thanks in advence

eSVN 0.6.8 was released January 11, 2005 [1]. Subversion 1.4 was
released September 10, 2006 [2]. I assume that eSVN is not using
Subversion 1.4 libraries, and therefore cannot understand your
Subversion 1.4 working copy. I see a newer version of eSVN, 0.6.11,
but it too was released before Subversion 1.4 was available. It
sounds like you will need to talk to the developers of eSVN and see
how to get a version of it that uses Subversion 1.4 libraries.

To see whether this is the case, use the Subversion 1.4 command-line
client to access your working copy. Can it correctly show the status
of your files? If so, there is nothing wrong with Subversion, but
there is something wrong with eSVN.

[1] http://esvn.umputun.com/trac.cgi/wiki/stable

[2] http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/NewsItemView?newsItemID=1685

Re: svn dont show the status of files

Posted by Daniel Mendes <dm...@mct.gov.br>.
Thanks for the quick answer. Im using the server as 1.2.x and the
clients at 1.4.x and my problem is this: Ive just complited a checkout
of a project. the status is set to unknown. This way I just cant tell
the files that are up to date or not. I tried the update, and the status
didnt changed. Im using the eSVN client version 0.6.8. Thanks in advence
Regards

Daniel Mendes

Posted by Matt Sickler <cr...@gmail.com>.