Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Richard Monson-Haefel <mo...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/29 19:51:16 UTC

Forking for new PRs

Hi Guys,

The last several commits I had all went under the same PR. I would like to
be able to create new PRs when working on unrelated stuff, but whenever I
try to create a new PR it always gets added to the one I have open.  I was
told that I need a new fork to get my PRs separated but when I try to
create a new fork GitHub says that my fork already exists and when I tried
to delete the old fork I can't figure out how to delete it. If I create a
branch, will that branch have its own unique PRs separate from other PRs?

Thanks,

Richard

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson

Re: Forking for new PRs

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.
Means that your local history of commits for a particular banch will be
squashed (compressed) into just one commit:
Check this video for an example: https://youtu.be/viY1BbKZhSI

This allows your PR to be cleaner since it will contain only 1 commit.

El vie., 30 nov. 2018 a las 8:50, Richard Monson-Haefel (<
monsonhaefel@gmail.com>) escribió:

> Hi,
>
> What does "Squashing your PR" mean?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Richard
>
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 5:00 PM exabrial12 <ex...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, if you don't mind Squashing your PR before submitting the request,
> > that
> > will help port anything to other branches!
> >

> > --
> > Sent from:
> > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html
> >

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: Forking for new PRs

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
I agree with Romain and Bruno on this.
I'm not a fan of squashing even if from time to time I think it's useful
(See Bruno's example).

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro