Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Balu Vellanki Bala <bv...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/08/02 23:32:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release candidate RC2 of Apache Falcon 0.10

Hello Everyone,

This is the call for vote for the following Release Candidate RC2 to be
released as official Apache Falcon 0.10 release. This RC2 addressed all
feedback provided for RC0, plus fixed bugs FALCON-2104 and FALCON-2107
found in RC0/RC1. The source tar ball, signature and checksum files can be
downloaded from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-falcon-0.10-sources/

You can find the signing key here :
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xF743ABF42E887C76

You can find the KEYS file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/falcon/KEYS

To verify signature:
gpg --verify apache-falcon-0.10-sources.tar.gz.asc
apache-falcon-0.10-sources.tar.gz

Git tag commit-id for the release : release-0.10-rc2
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=falcon.git;a=commit;h=dc4129598d9
afed9ca9e4210d7c04f80e458ff3f

We have closed around several JIRAs as part of this release, the details
of which can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334758&sty
leName=Html&projectId=12314429

Please find the release notes with brief explanation on key changes at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12821716/FalconReleaseNote
s-0.10.pdf
Note: The hyper link ³migration instructions² under section-5 is set to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/falcon/site/0.10/MigrationInstructions.htm
l, this link will only be available post release, once the Falcon
documentation site is updated. At this moment, it will not work.

This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours. Please vote on releasing
this RC2

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side

Thank you
Balu Vellanki

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate RC2 of Apache Falcon 0.10

Posted by Sowmya Ramesh <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Signature - OK
Checksums - OK
Build and tests - OK
Licenses - OK

Thanks for driving the release Balu!

Posted by Ying Zheng <yz...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 BUILD and Tests succeeded.

Posted by Venky Ramachandran <vr...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Balu Vellanki Bala <bv...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Srikanth,

Thank you for helping with the licensing issues. Here are the issues I
found for files under falcon-ui. Please let me know if any of them are
invalid.

1. Multiple data (non-code) files like
./falcon-ui//app/config/loginData.json do not have Apache software license
headers.

2. To the best of my knowledge, the following files are contributed to
Falcon without a license header and can have apache software license.
./falcon-ui//app/css/styles/autocomplete-tags.less
./falcon-ui//app/js/lib/popover.js : this file seems to depend on
http://ngmodules.org/modules/nsPopover

3. The following files either have non apache software license, or seems
to be downloaded from github sources.

A) bootstrap, there is docs/license/bootstrap-LICENSE.txt but not
mentioned in LICENSE
B) entypo license must be added to the NOTICE file.
C) The following files are licensed under MIT. Some of them have MIT
headers, but must be listed under LICENSE
   - checklist-model.js :: https://github.com/vitalets/checklist-model
   - normalize.less,  ./falcon-ui/app/css/main.css :: git.io/normalize
   - animate.less and animate.css :: http://daneden.me/animate
   - ng-tags-input.js :: http://mbenford.github.io/ngTagsInput
   - bootstrap.notify.js :: https://github.com/mouse0270/bootstrap-growl
   - dust-full-2.0.0.min.js :: http://akdubya.github.com/dustjs
   - uirouter.min.js :: http://angular-ui.github.com/
   - jasmine.css ::
https://github.com/jasmine/jasmine/blob/master/MIT.LICENSE
D) The following files do not have headers OR non-standard licenses.
   - ng-mask.min.js ::
https://github.com/candreoliveira/ngMask/blob/master/LICENSE
   - jquery-1.11.1.min.js :: jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license
   - dagre.min.js :: https://github.com/cpettitt/dagre/blob/master/LICENSE
   - d3.min.js https://github.com/d3/d3/blob/master/LICENSE
   - responsive-utilities.less Seems to be part of bootstrap at
https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/blob/master/less/responsive-utilities.les
s,  but header mentions a blog at
http://timkadlec.com/2012/10/ie10-snap-mode-and-responsive-design/
   - component-animations.less  seems to be part of bootstrap.
   - hide-text.less and print.less ::
https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/
   - clearfix.less has license header with Source:
http://nicolasgallagher.com/micro-clearfix-hack/

Hope this helps speed up your patch. Thank you again Ajay and Srikanth for
the help and advice,
Balu Vellanki

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Praveen Adlakha <pr...@inmobi.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 2:42 AM Balu Vellanki Bala <
> > bvellanki@hortonworks.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ajay
> > >
> > > 1. There is docs/license/bootstrap-LICENSE.txt for bootstrap. Angular
> > > bootstrap license is listed in LICENSE.txt at line 232,
> > > "This product bundles angular-ui-bootstrap 0.11.0 which is available
> > under
> > > MIT license. For details, see
> > > docs/license/angular-ui-bootstrap-LICENSE.txt"
> > >

> > > All angular js related licenses are covered under line 229
> > > "This product bundles angularJS 1.3.5 which is available under a
> > > MIT license. For details, see docs/license/angularJS-LICENSE.txt"
> > > This product bundles entypo icons which is available under a
> > > CC BY-SA license and Font is available under SIL license.
> > > For details, see docs/license/entypo-icons-LICENSE.txt and

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate RC2 of Apache Falcon 0.10

Posted by Sandeep Samudrala <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

 * Author: Mouse0270 aka Robert McIntosh
 * License: MIT License

Posted by Balu Vellanki Bala <bv...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Ajay

Posted by Ajay Yadava <aj...@apache.org>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Peeyush Bishnoi <bp...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate RC2 of Apache Falcon 0.10

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate RC2 of Apache Falcon 0.10

Posted by Pallavi Rao <pa...@inmobi.com>.
+1

Signature - OK
Checksums - OK
Build - OK
Licenses - OK

Thanks a bunch, Balu, for driving the release!

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Venkat Ranganathan <
vranganathan@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Built and ran tests successfully
> Verified signatures and checksums
> Validated licenses
>

> One thing we should do going forward is to add some attention calling
> sequence – like a line full of ‘*’ to point to the fact that CHANGES.txt
> does not have changes from Release 0.10 onwards.
>
> Thanks Balu for driving the release and working through the issues
>
> Thanks
>
> Venkat
>

> On 8/2/16, 4:32 PM, "Balu Vellanki Bala" <bv...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello Everyone,
>
>     This is the call for vote for the following Release Candidate RC2 to be
>     released as official Apache Falcon 0.10 release. This RC2 addressed all
>     feedback provided for RC0, plus fixed bugs FALCON-2104 and FALCON-2107
>     found in RC0/RC1. The source tar ball, signature and checksum files
> can be
>     downloaded from
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-falcon-0.10-sources/
>
>     You can find the signing key here :
>     http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xF743ABF42E887C76
>
>     You can find the KEYS file here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/falcon/KEYS
>

>     To verify signature:
>     gpg --verify apache-falcon-0.10-sources.tar.gz.asc
>     apache-falcon-0.10-sources.tar.gz
>
>     Git tag commit-id for the release : release-0.10-rc2
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=falcon.git;a=commit;h=dc4129598d9
>     afed9ca9e4210d7c04f80e458ff3f
>
>     We have closed around several JIRAs as part of this release, the
> details
>     of which can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334758&sty
>     leName=Html&projectId=12314429
>

>     Please find the release notes with brief explanation on key changes at
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12821716/FalconReleaseNote
>     s-0.10.pdf
>     Note: The hyper link ³migration instructions² under section-5 is set to
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/falcon/site/0.10/MigrationInstructions.htm
>     l, this link will only be available post release, once the Falcon
>     documentation site is updated. At this moment, it will not work.
>

>     This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours. Please vote on
> releasing
>     this RC2
>
>     [ ] +1 approve
>     [ ] +0 no opinion
>     [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
>     +1 from my side
>
>     Thank you
>     Balu Vellanki

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate RC2 of Apache Falcon 0.10