Posted to user@storm.apache.org by vibha goyal <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/13 21:43:53 UTC

Issues in Storm deployment

Hi,

I am grad student, and I am working on Storm as a part of my course project.

I have cloned the source code from git, and followed the instructions.

I am using branch : 0.10.0

After "mvn package", when I copy the apache-storm-<version>.tar.gz in my
home,
untar it and try to run nimbus.

I get error:

at
org.apache.storm.utils.ConfigUtils.readStormConfigImpl(ConfigUtils.java:138)
at org.apache.storm.utils.ConfigUtils.readStormConfig(ConfigUtils.java:134)
at org.apache.storm.command.ConfigValue.main(ConfigValue.java:27)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Found multiple
storm.yaml resources. You're probably bundling the Storm jars with your
topology jar.
[jar:file:/home/vgoyal5/apache-storm-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/storm.yaml,
file:/home/vgoyal5/apache-storm-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/conf/storm.yaml]
at org.apache.storm.utils.Utils.findAndReadConfigFile(Utils.java:372)
at org.apache.storm.utils.Utils.readStormConfig(Utils.java:456)
at org.apache.storm.utils.Utils.<clinit>(Utils.java:173)
... 3 more

I deleted the "/home/vgoyal5/apache-storm-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/conf/storm.yaml"
file and again tried.

This time I was able to connect the nimbus and supervisors and could see
the connections in UI.

As soon as I tried to submit the topology with the command:

storm jar examples/storm-starter/target/storm-starter-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.apache.storm.starter.ExclamationTopology exclamation-topology

I got error:

org.apache.storm.utils.NimbusLeaderNotFoundException: Could not find leader
nimbus from seed hosts [sp16-cs525-g05-01.cs.illinois.edu]. Did you specify
a valid list of nimbus hosts for config nimbus.seeds?

First ,I am not able to resolve this error,

and second, I cannot make changes in storm.yaml as I deleted the
conf/storm.yaml

I am a beginner in Storm. I have been trying this for a day now. Any help
would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Vibha Goyal

Re: Issues in Storm deployment

Posted by vibha goyal <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am grad student, and I am working on Storm as a part of my course project.

I have added some code in bolt-emit function, which has increased the
latency.

Is this expected?

(fast-list-iter [^TupleImpl a anchors]
                                                                      (let
[   root-ids (-> a .getMessageId .getAnchorsToIds .keySet); D1-messageId

   ack-val (.getAckVal a)]

(when (pos? (count root-ids))

(.updateAckVal a 1)

     (log-message
"CurrTupleCount: " (.getCurrTupleCount a))

(if (= 1 (.get task_counter))

    (.incrementCurrTupleCount a))

(log-message "CurrTupleCount: " (.getCurrTupleCount a))

(fast-map-iter [[root-id weight] (.. a getMessageId getAnchorsToIds)]

          (log-message "HAHA1: root id" root-id " CurrTupleCount: "
(.getCurrTupleCount a))

          (let [curr-task-count (.get task_counter)

                bIsLastTask? (= curr-task-count (count out-tasks))

                tokens_tobe_sent (.calTokens a weight tuple_count (count
out-tasks) bIsLastTask?)]

            (put-add! anchors-to-ids root-id tokens_tobe_sent)

            (.updateLeftWeightsMap a root-id tokens_tobe_sent)

            (log-message "VIBHA-DEBUG: Bolt[2] Component id: " component-id
" weight debug: " root-id " Input weight: " weight " Output weight:"
tokens_tobe_sent  "task_counter:"  curr-task-count)))

 ))) ;fast-list-iter ends.
                                                        (let [tuple
(TupleImpl. worker-context

   values

   task-id

   stream

   (MessageId/makeId anchors-to-ids))]
                                                          (transfer-fn t
tuple))))

In the above code, calTokens and updateLeftWeightsMap  are java functions.
calTokens do a '/' and '%', while  updateLeftWeightsMap  updates the
calculated value in the hash.

Can anybody please tell if there is any optimized way that I am not aware
of?

Thanks already!!
Vibha Goyal

Posted by vibha goyal <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.

Posted by vibha goyal <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all!!

Posted by 马哲超 <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vibha goyal <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsha <ma...@harsha.io>.

Posted by Sai Dilip Reddy Kiralam <dk...@aadhya-analytics.com>.
Hi Harsha,

Posted by Harsha <ma...@harsha.io>.
Vibha,

Posted by Xiang Wang <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by vibha goyal <vi...@gmail.com>.
It worked!!

Can you please help me about how to change the storm.yaml file ?

Thanks already!!

Posted by vibha goyal <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.