Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by sb...@statestreet.com on 2000/12/05 18:20:32 UTC

Unable to run sample programs

HI,
I work for state street bank in Boston, ma.

Right now we are in the  process of validating   various XML/XSL
transfromation tools for the best fit for our application

And in this process I downloaded the Xalan1.0 version for c++   and  xerces
for C++

I ran in to the following problems when I try to run your sample progam

Let me say what I did

1. I did down load Xalan for C++ 1.0 for windows NT and UnZipped the file
(Xalan-C_1_0-win32.zip)

2. I did download the Xerces for C++ 1.3 version and Unzipped the file
(xerces-c1_3_0-win32.zip)

Now I ran the Simple program SimpleTransform file file

\xml-xalan\c\samples\SimpleTransform
giving the full path of the executable like
\xml-xalan\c\Build\Win32\VC6\Debug\SimpleTransform

And as a result I got the foo.out as expected  ( Happy up to this point)

Now I want to build the SimpleTransform  debug version on my own
So I opened the  \xml-xalan\c\samples\SimpleTransform\SimpleTransform.dsw
and try to build the application

 it gave me the errors saying could not find the include files and I added
the correct include path
but it gave me the info saying could not find domstringimpl.hpp

so I went I  get that file from   xerces-c-src1_3_0.zip (I DONT KNOW
WHETHER THIS IS THE RIGHT VERSION)

And I also I copied
xerces-c_1D.lib from  xerces-c1_3_0-win32.zip to make the executable

Now it could compile and build the Exe file for me but when I try to run
the executable gave me the following message

(See attached file: xalanerror.doc)

What the above is saying is debug assertion Failure
file dbgdel.cpp line 47
Expression
_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)

Here is the call stack
operator delete(void * 0x00bdc440) line 47 + 81 bytes
XERCES-C_1_3D! 1203294e()
XSLT! 004a92fa()
SIMPLETRANSFORM! _controlfp + 4610 bytes
mainCRTStartup() line 338 + 17 bytes
KERNEL32! 77f1ba3c()

**Here I stopped to do further testing on debug build********

Now try to make release build for the Simple transform and  I copied
xerces-c_1.lib from  xerces-c1_3_0-win32.zip to make the executable into
E:\xml-xalan\c\Build\Win32\VC6\Release and did the build

The build was fine but when I ran the SimpleTransform executable It neither
gave me the error nor generated the foo.out

But at the same time When ran SimpleTransform.exe  (WHICH YOU BUILD) it did
not gave me any problem

Can you please look into the above  problems and give me the solution how
this should be resolved ASAP

This severly affecting our effort in validating your tool for our
application

regards
Srihari
781 302 5765