Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Gopinath Rebala <go...@onetouchsys.com> on 2013/11/26 07:02:31 UTC

Using Ambari to monitor existing cluster

We would like to use Ambari to manage existing Hadoop cluster, more for monitoring rather than service management. I was told that there are some manual configurations that can be done to get Ambari to manage/monitor the cluster.

We have a 10 node and a 50 node clusters running CDH3. Would like to get the 10 node cluster working with Ambari first if with some small effort that can be achieved. Are there steps that are documented for this process?

Thanks,
Gopinath