Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2013/01/27 14:10:37 UTC

NPE in Console

Hi guys,

I am getting a NPE in the console when I click on the "Configuration" tab
using the latest trunk code:

Root cause:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument 'modelObject' may not be null.
     at org.apache.wicket.util.lang.Args.notNull(Args.java:41)
     at org.apache.wicket.model.ChainingModel.<init>(ChainingModel.java:44)
     at org.apache.wicket.model.CompoundPropertyModel.<init>(CompoundPropertyModel.java:61)
     at org.apache.syncope.console.pages.panels.PoliciesPanel$PolicyDataProvider.model(PoliciesPanel.java:301)
     at org.apache.syncope.console.pages.panels.PoliciesPanel$PolicyDataProvider.model(PoliciesPanel.java:269)

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: NPE in Console

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
> No problems with 1.0.6-SNAPSHOT: guess then that this bug was introduced
by new rest clients.

> I've opened SYNCOPE-292.

Thanks!

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: NPE in Console

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: NPE in Console

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> Hi Francesco,
>
> I think this may be a genuine bug...I can reproduce the problem by
> generating a new archetype for 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT, and copying the
> "context.xml" from "core/src/main/resources" to "core/src/test/resources"
> and then editing it to remove the "SyncPolicy" definition:
>
> <Policy DTYPE="SyncPolicy" id="1" description="Global Sync Policy"
> type="GLOBAL_SYNC"
>
> specification="%3Corg.apache.syncope.common.types.SyncPolicySpec%2F%3E"/>
>
> Starting the console in embedded mode gives the NPE in the "Configuration"
> tab as I mentioned earlier. I should be able to start Syncope without
> defining a SyncPolicy right?

Hi Colm,
I was just able to reproduce the bug you've reported above (only a minor
typo, content.xml not context.xml).

I will check this on the 1_0_X and then open an issue.
Thanks for reporting.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: NPE in Console

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Francesco,

I think this may be a genuine bug...I can reproduce the problem by
generating a new archetype for 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT, and copying the
"context.xml" from "core/src/main/resources" to "core/src/test/resources"
and then editing it to remove the "SyncPolicy" definition:

<Policy DTYPE="SyncPolicy" id="1" description="Global Sync Policy"
type="GLOBAL_SYNC"

specification="%3Corg.apache.syncope.common.types.SyncPolicySpec%2F%3E"/>

Starting the console in embedded mode gives the NPE in the "Configuration"
tab as I mentioned earlier. I should be able to start Syncope without
defining a SyncPolicy right?

Thanks,

Colm.

Re: NPE in Console