Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Meyer, Stefan" <S....@S2neueinformatik.de> on 2006/10/27 10:29:36 UTC

MyFaces and Trinidad

When will the integration of tomahawk and Trinidad be completed? What
are the problems when mixing components of both libs in their current
versions 1.1.3 and ADF (version unknown)?
I am starting on a new project and would like to use some Trinidad
features while mostly sticking to tomahawk.
Are there any problems when using Trinidad by itself on top of the
myfaces Implementation?

--
Stefan Meyer
Entwicklung

s.meyer@s2neueinformatik.de
T: +49.40.80 81 69-347

SinnerSchrader Neue Informatik
http://www.s2neueinformatik.de/

Re: MyFaces and Trinidad

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefan,

see inline for some comments.

On 10/27/06, Meyer, Stefan <S....@s2neueinformatik.de> wrote:
> When will the integration of tomahawk and Trinidad be completed? What

well, there is indeed a long time goal to *merge* overlapping functionality.
But I am not sure, if there will be only one MyFaces JSF lib in some years.
(We also have the Tobago JSF components)

> are the problems when mixing components of both libs in their current
> versions 1.1.3 and ADF (version unknown)?

There were issues with <tr:form> and buttons/links, but they are fixed
now. The Trinidad
Form is not a NamingContainer for instance. I am using Tomahawk
components with Trinidad components in some of my demo applications.
Works fine. I also read on the MyFaces list that some people were
already using ADF Faces components with Tomahawk. Not that Trinidad !=
ADF. ADF Faces is still downloadable form the Oracle site. Trinidad
was the donation of almost all components. They are now owned by the
Apache Software Foundation.

(ADF Faces contains for instance support for Telnet / IM environments,
which has not been donated)

> I am starting on a new project and would like to use some Trinidad
> features while mostly sticking to tomahawk.

You are talking about the Dialog Framework for instance ?

> Are there any problems when using Trinidad by itself on top of the
> myfaces Implementation?

To be honest, I have never used them with the RI, only with MyFaces.
Works for me.

If you need more help/info, feel free to subscribe to the Trinidad lists
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad

Thanks,
Matthias

> --