Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org> on 2012/07/10 21:23:46 UTC

[syncope] usage of LDAP in syncope

Hi dev,

    Based on the design documentation(haven't looked deep inside the
code yet) syncope seems to be completely driven by RDBMS
    does it support an LDAP server as a/the data store?

    P.S:- btw, I work on Apache Directory server

--
Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [syncope] usage of LDAP in syncope

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 10/07/2012 21:23, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> Hi dev,
>
>      Based on the design documentation(haven't looked deep inside the
> code yet) syncope seems to be completely driven by RDBMS
>      does it support an LDAP server as a/the data store?

Hi Kiran,
as you might see on [1], Syncope relies upon JPA 2.0 for its internal
storage, hence it's RDBMS only: we currently support H2, MySQL,
PostreSQL, Oracle and MS SQL Server.

As Identity Manager, LDAP servers are crucial in integration scenarios:
here's why, through Connectors, Syncope is able to provision to (and in
some cases pull data from) LDAP servers.

A list of all available connectors (provided by the ConnId project) is
available at [2]; some detailed information about LDAP connector is
found at [3].

>      P.S:- btw, I work on Apache Directory server

We are using ApacheDS 1.5.7 for Syncope integration tests, to check the
LDAP provisioning.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/syncope/architecture.html
[2] http://code.google.com/p/connid/wiki/AvailableConnectorBundles
[3] http://code.google.com/p/connid/wiki/LDAP