Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Andrei Ivanov <my...@surfeu.fi> on 2002/06/01 10:43:40 UTC

Limiting resources used by Cornerstone's ServerSocketFactory

Hi,
What is the correct way to unallocate / limit resources (number of open
sockets etc) in Cornerston's ServerSocketFactory. My phoenix application
crashes with out of memory error under high request rates. Any examples?
Andrei

PS my server class extends
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.connection.AbstractService; and
corresponding handler - handles connections.

Re: Limiting resources used by Cornerstone's ServerSocketFactory

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 1 Jun 2002 18:43, Andrei Ivanov wrote:
> Hi,
> What is the correct way to unallocate / limit resources (number of open
> sockets etc) in Cornerston's ServerSocketFactory.

The SocketManager does not limit connections in any way but you can limit the
connections in ConnectionManager by passing in a ThreadPool that only has a
limited number of items in pool.

Without looking at the code I believe there was a method like

ThreadPool getThreadPool(ThreadManager)

or maybe

String getThreadPoolName()

Overide these in AbstractService and return a pool that has a fixed size. And
that should limit number of connections occuring.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Sufficiently advanced science is