Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Pare <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2006/04/20 13:52:41 UTC

Tomcat cache

Hi guys, another question:

is there some kind of cache in Tomcat that I have to manually clean up ?
Here's what I did: I replaced the default index.jsp welcome page in webapps/root/ (the one that says the server is up and running...) with a page of my own who access a MySql table and output its content.Then I wanted to put the default welcome page back but it's still my own page who's showing.
(I tried to restart tomcat, I even rebooted...)

Details:-Ubuntu 5.10-Tomcat 5.5.16
Thanks.
Profitez des puissants filtres de courriels indésirables articulés sur la technologie brevetée MicrosoftMD SmartScreen.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/junkmail

Re: Tomcat cache

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Jonathan Pare wrote:
> Hi guys, another question:
>
> is there some kind of cache in Tomcat that I have to manually clean up ?
> Here's what I did: I replaced the default index.jsp welcome page in webapps/root/ (the one that says the server is up and running...) with a page of my own who access a MySql table and output its content.Then I wanted to put the default welcome page back but it's still my own page who's showing.
> (I tried to restart tomcat, I even rebooted...)

The ROOT web application is pre-compiled. You need to remove the
following section from webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml so Tomcat picks up
your new JSP rather than the precompiled one.

<!-- JSPC servlet mappings start -->

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/index.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

<!-- JSPC servlet mappings end -->

Mark