Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by shucoshuco <fg...@hotmail.com> on 2010/10/26 11:33:56 UTC

Concurrent issue with fonts in FOP 0.95

Hi there,

I'm using FOP 0.95 in a batch application that generates over four million
documents. We need it to be very fast so for each execution we open 15
threads to generate the documents. The preformance is really fantastic.

Even though we have found out the next problem. We use our own font types
and sometimes, in a little number of cases (our tests have found that around
1 document between 250), the document doesn't show our fonts. More specific,
we print documents with a barcode and in some documents it shows de code
with letters instead the barcode.

We have already found this problem with 0.20.5 but in that case we could fix
it using synchronized blocks to access to the Options object. Since in newer
versiones the fonts are managed in another way (using the setUserConfig) we
don't know how can I solve this problem.

Thanks so much.

Félix.

Re: Concurrent issue with fonts in FOP 0.95

Posted by shucoshuco <fg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

That works pretty good using FOP 1.0. Performance is really good and there
are no concurrent problems any more.

Thank you very much.

Félix.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Please consider upgrading to FOP 1.0. The latest release contains some
concurrency fixes for certain issues but I can't tell if that would
address your concrete problem.

On 26.10.2010 10:33:56 shucoshuco wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm using FOP 0.95 in a batch application that generates over four million
> documents. We need it to be very fast so for each execution we open 15
> threads to generate the documents. The preformance is really fantastic.
>
> Even though we have found out the next problem. We use our own font types
> and sometimes, in a little number of cases (our tests have found that around
> 1 document between 250), the document doesn't show our fonts. More specific,
> we print documents with a barcode and in some documents it shows de code
> with letters instead the barcode.
>
> We have already found this problem with 0.20.5 but in that case we could fix
> it using synchronized blocks to access to the Options object. Since in newer
> versiones the fonts are managed in another way (using the setUserConfig) we
> don't know how can I solve this problem.
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> Félix.

Jeremias Maerki