Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kedar Panse <ke...@bancbridge.com> on 2005/08/07 10:51:14 UTC

[Commons-net] FTPS

I am trying to implement FTPS using apache commons.  As I gather from my
searches, seems like it same as regular ftp except instead of using
plain socket it uses ssl socket.  Is this just a matter of replacing the
socket factory for ftp client?  If so does FTPClient allow setting
different factories for command/data channels? Anyone ever tried this?

Kedar

Re: [Commons-net] FTPS

Posted by Kedar Panse <ke...@bancbridge.com>.
Yea I mean FTP over SSL ( I believe thats called FTPS? like https not
sure).  jsch seems to be over SSH.  Integrating SSL for commons
ftpclient shouldnt be that bad right? From one of the articles I read it
says I need to send AUTH TLS to start negotiation (TLS).  Anyone ever
tried this?

Kedar

Re: [Commons-net] FTPS

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.