Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Brooks <ja...@eroi.com> on 2017/10/25 04:12:39 UTC

[users@httpd] How can I detect if SSLEngine is ON?

Hello,

I am using virtualmin to run my site, and there is no method to set an apache template separately for an ssl site.  that i am aware of.  I am asking them this right now.

Independently, my question to this list is “in the apache configuration, how do I tell if SSLEngine is set to ON”.  I know how to determine if mod_ssl is loaded: that is not what I want here: I want to detect if the ssl-engine has been turned on in a particular virtual host.

If I can detect this in the apache configuration, I can enable configuration lines that otherwise wouldn’t make sense.

Thank you for your time!

—jason

Jason Brooks	Systems Administrator
eROI	Performance is Art.

m:	505 nw couch #300	w:	eroi.com <http://eroi.com/>
t:	503.290.3105	f:	503.228.4249

fb:	fb.com/eROI <http://www.facebook.com/eROI>

Re: [users@httpd] How can I detect if SSLEngine is ON?

Posted by Jason Brooks <ja...@eroi.com>.
Sweet Rainer, I will try that and get back to you!

Posted by Rainer Canavan <ra...@sevenval.com>.
[...]

Posted by Jason Brooks <ja...@eroi.com>.
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your reply:

What I need is for the apache configuration to know, not just me.  So for instance:

I can detect if mod_info is loaded with "<IfModule mod_info.c>”

or if mod_ssl is loaded with "<IfModule mod_ssl.c>”.

But, I don’t just need to know if a module is available: once the module is loaded, its available for all virtualhosts.  I need to know if the SSLEngine has been enabled within a virtualhost so I can do something like the following:

 <ssl-engine is on>
	Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains; preload"
	Header always set X-Content-Type-Options nosniff
	Header always append X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN

</ssl-engine is on>

Thanks!

Posted by Daniel Mailing <da...@miclub.com.au>.