Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2017/02/20 07:57:33 UTC

[FalconJX] org.json dependency

Hi,

Does anybody know why there is a dependency on org.json in the compiler-jx
project?  I just removed the jar and it seemed to build and an example app
compiled.

The ASF has ruled that future releases must not use org.json so I'm trying
to find out what we use it for so we can find a replacement.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [FalconJX] org.json dependency

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Both Apache Wicket, and Apache OpenMeetings were updated to use
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.tdunning/json

just in case this dependency is required :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [FalconJX] org.json dependency

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

I just gave the build a quick run and I think I’ll be cleaning up in the maven dependencies to fix a lot of issues reported by the tool.
Guess it would be good to cleanup the Ant build after that’s done.

Right now it reports look like this:

[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:3.0.0:analyze-only (analyze) @ compiler-jx ---
[WARNING] Used undeclared dependencies found:
[WARNING]    commons-io:commons-io:jar:2.4:compile
[WARNING]    antlr:antlr:jar:2.7.7:compile
[WARNING]    org.apache.flex:flex-tool-api:jar:1.0.0:compile
[WARNING]    com.google.guava:guava:jar:20.0:compile
[WARNING] Unused declared dependencies found:
[WARNING]    org.apache.commons:commons-compress:jar:1.11:compile
[WARNING]    org.clojure:google-closure-library:jar:0.0-20150902-b129bb9e:compile
[WARNING]    args4j:args4j:jar:2.0.28:compile

But beware of blindly removing unused declared dependencies as they could probably be runtime dependencies.

Chris