Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Michael Wladarz <mw...@computerworks.de> on 2007/02/22 06:54:48 UTC

Fwd: Trouble with merge

Hi,

we have some trouble with the merge order.
We worked with xcode and if svn try to merge the xcode project files *.mode2, *.pbxproj2, *.perspective natural are in confict!
Is there any way to debar this project files !?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Trouble with merge

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 22, 2007, at 00:54, Michael Wladarz wrote:

> we have some trouble with the merge order.
> We worked with xcode and if svn try to merge the xcode project
> files *.mode2, *.pbxproj2, *.perspective natural are in confict!
> Is there any way to debar this project files !?

Subversion only tries to merge files it thinks are text. If you want
to exclude certain files, set their svn:mime-type property to
something that does not begin with "text/". Um... but then Subversion
will definitely mark the files as being in conflict. I don't know how
you would prevent this, though. If you have a local project file and
have made changes, and meanwhile someone else has made changes to the
same project file and checked it in, and you update, then there will
be a conflict, and you will have to resolve it manually, for example
by reading the log message of the other person's commit to see what
they changed.