Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Daniel Barclay <db...@maprtech.com> on 2015/04/08 20:52:39 UTC

SqlAccessor for just JDBC or for other use too?

Are interface org.apache.drill.exec.vector.accessor.SqlAccessor and the
various classes that implement it intended only for the JDBC driver,
or are they also intended to be used elsewhere?

(If those are only for JDBC, they should (eventually) be moved into the
JDBC module/subproject, in particular because some SqlAccessor code
defines exceptions (in the java-exec module) that need to be coordinated
with exceptions defined in the JDBC module).

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
MapR Technologies

Re: SqlAccessor for just JDBC or for other use too?

Posted by Hanifi Gunes <hg...@maprtech.com>.
Are interface org.apache.drill.exec.vector.accessor.SqlAccessor and the
various classes that implement it intended only for the JDBC driver ...?
- I think so. The only consumer that I know of is DrillAccessorList, which
is also under jdbc. I don't see why this interface should live under exec.

-Hanifi