Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Nathaniel Cohen <nc...@ucsd.edu> on 2012/04/09 15:19:15 UTC

futon barfs when os is configured for certain timezones ….

Hi I ran into this issue from 2010 --

immediately out of the gate after installing couchdb 1.2.0 … has there been any progress to address this one?  I've been following couchdb for awhile peripherally and am hoping to use it on an upcoming project.

I spent awhile trying to figure out if I had set up something wrong before I found the true cause and changed timezones …  It makes me worried that this is the first thing I found when trying to use couchdb …

I'm running os 10.7.3 and a recent erlang from macports.

> Nathaniels-MacBook-Air:~ ncohen$ erl -V
> Erlang R15B (erts-5.9) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Many Thanks,
Ben

Nathaniel Cohen
Programmer/Analyst (SIO/STS)
ncohen@ucsd.edu
work: 858.534.9567
mobile: 619.729.3320

Re: futon barfs when os is configured for certain timezones ….

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Looks like its still a bug in the Erlang VM. Not much we can do unless
someone wants to go and write a patch for OTP.

Posted by Ben Cohen <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi, thanks for the welcome!  I'm actually not in in Thailand at the moment unfortunately -- but am on a ship in the southern atlantic … down around 50 S …  My dev station is probably one of the more time zone mobile couch installations …  I only had to wait awhile before leaving UTC+7 to allow couch to work again although that's probably not a universal solution.  :)  Since I'm a bit delayed in responding, I'm now I'm in the land of UTC-2 and I haven't had any issues with the time zones between -- although I haven't had to stop and restart couch.

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.

--
Iris Couch