Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/04 22:04:53 UTC

Printing with POI

In the Java Print Service API forum there was an interesting post
about using POI to print an MSWord doc.

I went through the POI site and could not find a reference to
printing.

Basically, if I have an MSWord doc file and I want to print that file
using the Java Print Service API without using MSWORD, can POI help
me do this?

Thanks.

Mike

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: Printing with POI

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
The word port is pre-alpha.  I'm not particularly familiar with the Java
Print Service API
(only as a user of Java apps...the only ones I've ever seen print decent
was netbeans/jbuilder).

Off the cuff I think probably converting word to FOP would be the best
way...  But I speak from
ignorance on this issue.