Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Chris Gastin <ch...@gastin.com> on 2003/09/26 07:07:42 UTC

TODO and deprecated calls

I just retrieved the head from CVS. I see that there are alot deprecated calls, and TODOs through out the code. If I startted to clean these up, how would I get the changes updated into CVS. I am trying to get plugged into the Struts community, and would love to contribute by doing some of this busy work.

Chris Gastin

Re: TODO and deprecated calls

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Chris Gastin <ch...@gastin.com> wrote:
> I just retrieved the head from CVS. I see that there are alot deprecated
> calls, and TODOs through out the code. If I startted to clean these up,
> how would I get the changes updated into CVS. I am trying to get plugged
> into the Struts community, and would love to contribute by doing some of
> this busy work.

We did our best at getting all of the deprecated methods removed for 1.2.
Most of what you're seeing should be methods that were deprecated in the
1.2 cycle and will be removed for 1.2+ (whatever it's called).  I believe
there are still some Tiles calls that need to be cleaned up though.

Changes should be opened in a bugzilla enhancement ticket with a cvs diff
-u formatted patch attached to it.

David