Posted to scm-users@maven.apache.org by Lee Fox <lf...@att.com> on 2010/10/20 16:24:41 UTC

Help with executions tag....losing configuration

I am having an issue getting the maven scm plugin to work when I use execution tags.  The issue is that the configuration I specify within the execution tags do not get picked up.  The following works:

                                <profile>
            <id>bootstrap-core</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
            </activation>
                                                <build>
                                                                <plugins>
                                                                                <plugin>
                                                                                                <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
                                                                                                <version>1.4</version>
                                                                                                <configuration>
                                                                                                                <connectionUrl>scm:svn:https://mysvnserver/svn/prod/java/aws-core/trunk/</connectionUrl>
                                                                                                                <checkoutDirectory>${basedir}\..\aws-core</checkoutDirectory>
                                                                                                </configuration>
                                                                                </plugin>
                                                                </plugins>
                                                </build>
                                </profile>

However, when I try to use the execution tags, this does not work:

                                <profile>
            <id>bootstrap-all</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
            </activation>
                                                <build>
                                                                <plugins>
                                                                                <plugin>
                                                                                                <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
                                                                                                <version>1.4</version>
                                                                                                <configuration>
                                                                                                                <skipCheckoutIfExists/>
                                                                                                </configuration>
                                                                                                <executions>
                                                                                                                <execution>
                                                                                                                                <id>download-core</id>
                                                                                                                                <configuration>
                                                                                                                                                <connectionUrl>scm:svn:https://svn.corp.wayport.net/svn/prod/java/aws-core/trunk/</connectionUrl>
                                                                                                                                                <checkoutDirectory>${basedir}\..\aws-core</checkoutDirectory>
                                                                                                                                </configuration>
                                                                                                                                <phase>process-resources</phase>
                                                                                                                                <goals>
                                                                                                                                                <goal>checkout</goal>
                                                                                                                                </goals>
                                                                                                                </execution>
                                                                                                </executions>
                                                                                </plugin>
                                                                </plugins>
                                                </build>
                                </profile>

When I introduce the execution tags, the scm plugin doesn't recognize the configuration I supply and therefore does not utilize the connectionUrl I want.  Rather it, it utilizes the connection value of the project scm tag.  It is important that I get this to work.  What I will eventually need to do is to specify multiple executions so that I can boot strap multiple dependent projects.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lee