Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/04/14 18:14:20 UTC

Re: svn commit: r19367 - in trunk/subversion/bindings/swig: include ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby ruby/test

On 4/14/06, kou@tigris.org <ko...@tigris.org> wrote:
> Author: kou
> Date: Fri Apr 14 03:23:08 2006
> New Revision: 19367
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/include/svn_types.swg
>    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby/swigutil_rb.c
>    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby/swigutil_rb.h
>    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_ra.rb
>
> Log:
> Fix a segmentation fault bug.

I would have referred to this particular problem as a GC bug that
results in segmentation faults in some cases.  When I hear
"segmentation fault bug" I think of a NULL pointer dereferrence or
something else relatively simple, with this kind of problem just
looking at the diff it's pretty difficult to actually tell why what
you're doing fixes something, without knowing the fact that it's a GC
issue.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r19367 - in trunk/subversion/bindings/swig: include ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby ruby/test

Posted by Kouhei Sutou <ko...@cozmixng.org>.
Hi,

In <7e...@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: svn commit: r19367 - in trunk/subversion/bindings/swig: include ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby ruby/test" on Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:46:42 -0700,
  "Garrett Rooney" <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> On 4/14/06, Kouhei Sutou <ko...@cozmixng.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In <7e...@mail.gmail.com>
> >   "Re: svn commit: r19367 - in trunk/subversion/bindings/swig: include ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby ruby/test" on Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:14:20 -0700,

> > > I would have referred to this particular problem as a GC bug that
> > > results in segmentation faults in some cases.  When I hear
> > > "segmentation fault bug" I think of a NULL pointer dereferrence or
> > > something else relatively simple, with this kind of problem just
> > > looking at the diff it's pretty difficult to actually tell why what
> > > you're doing fixes something, without knowing the fact that it's a GC
> > > issue.
> >
> > What about the following log message?
> >
> >   Fix a segmentation fault bug related Ruby's GC. To fix the
> >   bug, add a reference to a baton made internally from
> >   returned Svn::Delta::Editor.
>
> Sounds perfect to me.

I fixed log message.

kou

Re: svn commit: r19367 - in trunk/subversion/bindings/swig: include ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby ruby/test

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 4/14/06, Kouhei Sutou <ko...@cozmixng.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In <7e...@mail.gmail.com>
>   "Re: svn commit: r19367 - in trunk/subversion/bindings/swig: include ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby ruby/test" on Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:14:20 -0700,
>   "Garrett Rooney" <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
>
> > On 4/14/06, kou@tigris.org <ko...@tigris.org> wrote:
> > > Author: kou
> > > Date: Fri Apr 14 03:23:08 2006
> > > New Revision: 19367
> > >
> > > Modified:
> > >    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/include/svn_types.swg
> > >    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby/swigutil_rb.c
> > >    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby/swigutil_rb.h
> > >    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_ra.rb
> > >
> > > Log:
> > > Fix a segmentation fault bug.
> >
> > I would have referred to this particular problem as a GC bug that
> > results in segmentation faults in some cases.  When I hear
> > "segmentation fault bug" I think of a NULL pointer dereferrence or
> > something else relatively simple, with this kind of problem just
> > looking at the diff it's pretty difficult to actually tell why what
> > you're doing fixes something, without knowing the fact that it's a GC
> > issue.
>
> What about the following log message?
>
>   Fix a segmentation fault bug related Ruby's GC. To fix the
>   bug, add a reference to a baton made internally from
>   returned Svn::Delta::Editor.

Sounds perfect to me.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r19367 - in trunk/subversion/bindings/swig: include ruby/libsvn_swig_ruby ruby/test

Posted by Kouhei Sutou <ko...@cozmixng.org>.
Hi,