Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2011/08/29 04:02:39 UTC

ink_* -> ats_* in the "core" code

Hi all,

I'd like to propose that we start using ats_ as a prefix for new APIs
(and rewrites etc.) in the internal code. Long term, we probably should
migrate existing ink_ prefixes to ats_, and perhaps also consider using
C++ name spaces.  My rationale for using "ats" instead "ts" in the
internal (core) code is to make it easily distinguishable from the
public APIs (which are all prefix e.g. TS or ts). This is very useful
when grepping through the code IMO.

Cheers,

-- Leif

Re: ink_* -> ats_* in the "core" code

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@gmail.com>.
I am just grumbling ;). ats_ is the way to go.  ink is just confusing after
all these years.
On Sep 2, 2011 6:13 PM, "Leif Hedstrom" <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2011, at 6:56 PM, John Plevyak <jp...@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Sorry to chime in on this so late.
>>
>> If the APIs were not already TSXXX I would have preferred to make the
>> external ones ats_
>> and the internal ts_, but now that we are already down the path I agree
with
>> Leif that we should
>> change all the internal apis to ats_.
>
> I'd have to check, but I think we voted on this :)
>>
>> The downside is that* ink_ *can be done fast with the right hand while
ats_
>> uses both
>> the left pinky for the 'a' and then for the _ (for me) which makes typing
it
>> slower :)
>

> Maybe it should be asd_? Or qwe_ ? What else would be easy? I'm ok with
ink_ too, I don't think it matters a big deal, and we can honor the origins
of the code :).

Re: ink_* -> ats_* in the "core" code

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Re: ink_* -> ats_* in the "core" code