Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> on 2002/09/16 15:06:33 UTC

Security problem

Hi

I have a Jetspeed Security related problem. I try to deploy a portlet
which is only accessible by certain users. I therefore added a role
"test" to a testuser which should show the portlet in his page. I also
added following entries to my portlet xreg entry:

  <security role="test"/>
         <security-ref parent="test-only"/>

With following additional entry in security.xreg:

  <security-entry name="test-only">
             <title>Test-only</title>
             <description>Full access to users with the test
role.</description>
         <access action="*">
             <allow-if role="test"/>
         </access>
     </security-entry>

The problem is that the role and its permissions don´t seem to be
recognized. I don´t get the proper permissions in my testuser with the
"test" role. Am I missing something?

Kind regards

Werner

Re: Security problem

Posted by Bui Quoc Thai <st...@ait.ac.th>.
Hi Werner,

 Try to use "user" attribute in <allow-if> element in security.xreg, like this:
        <access action="*">
          <allow-if role="test" user="testuser"/>
        </access>

Thai

Quoting Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>:

> Hi
>
> I have a Jetspeed Security related problem. I try to deploy a portlet
> which is only accessible by certain users. I therefore added a role
> "test" to a testuser which should show the portlet in his page. I also
> added following entries to my portlet xreg entry:
>
>   <security role="test"/>
>          <security-ref parent="test-only"/>
>

> With following additional entry in security.xreg:
>
>   <security-entry name="test-only">
>              <title>Test-only</title>
>              <description>Full access to users with the test
> role.</description>
>          <access action="*">
>              <allow-if role="test"/>
>          </access>
>      </security-entry>
>

> The problem is that the role and its permissions don´t seem to be
> recognized. I don´t get the proper permissions in my testuser with the
> "test" role. Am I missing something?
>

> Kind regards
>
> Werner

> For additional commands, e-mail: