Posted to users@camel.apache.org by santhosh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/17 19:59:27 UTC

Camel failover for Webservice endpoint

I was in interview  asked a real time use case for camel.
There are three webservice endpoints A ,B ,C .How would achieve failover
between these points.I answered
I told i will use the load balancer.Dont mind the syntax
<loadbalancer>
<roundrobin>
<to uri="endpointA"/>
<to uri="endpointB"/>
<to uri="endpointC"/>
</roundrobin>
</loadbalancer>

But the interviewer said he wanted failover strictly like a master and only
if master fails it should go to slave.
Do we have something like that in camel like activemq can configure failover
url.

Re: Camel failover for Webservice endpoint

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I suggest to read the docs about this eip as Camel offers different kinds
http://camel.apache.org/load-balancer.html

Such as the failover LB.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM, santhosh <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was in interview  asked a real time use case for camel.
> There are three webservice endpoints A ,B ,C .How would achieve failover
> between these points.I answered
> I told i will use the load balancer.Dont mind the syntax
> <loadbalancer>
> <roundrobin>
> <to uri="endpointA"/>
> <to uri="endpointB"/>
> <to uri="endpointC"/>
> </roundrobin>
> </loadbalancer>
>
> But the interviewer said he wanted failover strictly like a master and only
> if master fails it should go to slave.
> Do we have something like that in camel like activemq can configure failover
> url.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat