Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Brown <je...@citrix.com> on 2001/06/20 19:09:18 UTC

RE: start up tomcat from a virtual terminal

I believe you can use the command "nohup" if you want to start the service
remotely and then close the virtual terminal.  The syntax is:

nohup <command>.  So to to start tomcat you could say: "nohup ./startup.sh".
It also conveniently starts a logfile for any stdio or stderr messages
called nohup.out.
___
jb