Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by todd pierce <to...@sockettome.com.au> on 2000/07/14 04:15:10 UTC

TEXT-ALIGN

Re: 7.13.9 "text-align" in the latest draft,

I've only been on the fop-dev list for a few days, so if this has already
been suggested, my apologies.

In my capacity as a layout designer I have recently been playing with table
formatting. The inclusion of a "decimal" option to allow for easier
formatting of numeric data would be a great feature.

In an aside to this, I have been struggling to no avail trying to include
graphics in my FOP files. I have tried
<fo:inline-graphic href="file:xxx"/> both within <fo:block> and by itself
but I consistently get an "Unknown formatting object
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format^inline-graphic" error. Is this a bug or am
I not reading the documentation properly?

- Todd Pierce

Re: TEXT-ALIGN

Posted by Jacques-Alexandre Gerber <ge...@intalio.com>.
todd pierce wrote:

> Re: 7.13.9 "text-align" in the latest draft,
>
> I've only been on the fop-dev list for a few days, so if this has already
> been suggested, my apologies.
>
> In my capacity as a layout designer I have recently been playing with table
> formatting. The inclusion of a "decimal" option to allow for easier
> formatting of numeric data would be a great feature.
>
> In an aside to this, I have been struggling to no avail trying to include
> graphics in my FOP files. I have tried
> <fo:inline-graphic href="file:xxx"/> both within <fo:block> and by itself
> but I consistently get an "Unknown formatting object
> http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format^inline-graphic" error. Is this a bug or am
> I not reading the documentation properly?

Both the following examples work:

<fo:block>
	<fo:inline-graphic href="file:image.gif"/>
</fo:block>

or

<fo:block>
	<fo:inline-graphic href="file:/images/image.gif"/>
</fo:block>

but it only works with FOP 0.13.0. Check out you're using the latest
version.

Hope it helps

JA