Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Artur Matos <am...@jardimzen.f2s.com> on 2001/04/19 18:14:10 UTC

Mapping using servlets? RequestInterceptor ?

Hi,

 I'm developing a web application where I need to map URIs like:

/enterprise/resource (a virtual path)

/resource (a real,existent path)

where enterprise is a any valid enterprise present in a database. In addition to
mapping to the correct page, it needs also to register the enterprise used to
session variables (so that I could use the current enterprise object from my
jsp page).

I've implemented this mapping using a servlet (mapping to /portal/*) that parses
the request (i.e. /portal/enterprise/resource ) and redirects to the correct
resource. Unfortunately this doesn't seems to work correctly with POST forms or
multi-part form-data: when the form is submited via POST, tomcat never finds the
action page (i.e enterprise/action.jsp); Acessing the same page directly from
the browser, or using GET, works ok. Is this the expected behavior or a tomcat
bug?

Because of this, I'm thinking of using RequestInterceptors to implement the
mapping behavior instead. Are there any examples of redirection and setting
session variables using RequestInterceptors? I was unable to find any
documentation on this.

Thanks for all,

Artur Matos (amatos@jardimzen.f2s.com)

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/

Re: Mapping using servlets? RequestInterceptor ?

Posted by Ivan <iv...@abac.com>.
What are you using to redirect the page?

My understanding is if you use request dispatchers to redirect a POST
request, the request is sent to your JSP page as a POST and not as a GET.

The JSP page must have to be accessed via a GET.  If you were to submit your
form as a GET request and then redirect it to the JSP it should work.

Are you using request dispatchers?

Ivan

Posted by Dave Weis <dj...@businessolver.com>.
There isn't any documentation on writing these, I looked also. I managed
to get one working and put parts of it up for you at

http://www.sjdjweis.com/java/interceptor/

It probably won't compile, I removed some of the sensitive parts. There
are some bits of info on how to install it there also.

Good luck
dave

--
Dave Weis