Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Vi...@nokia.com on 2005/06/02 14:04:35 UTC

RE: James SMTP routing

Hi again,

We'll implement this this solution (a RemoteDelivery mailet per routing rule).

Do you have any experience regarding the optimum number of threads per RemoteDelivery mailet and maximum number of global RemoteDelivery threads for production usage?

Thanks for your help,
Vincent.

Re: James SMTP routing

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> We'll implement this this solution (a RemoteDelivery mailet
> per routing rule).
>
> Do you have any experience regarding the optimum number of
> threads per RemoteDelivery mailet and maximum number of
> global RemoteDelivery threads for production usage?

How many mails is your server going to handle per hour?
You can try 5 threads for each RemoteDelivery and increase them if the spool
grow too much.

I use 40 threads in my RemoteDelivery to handle about 20000 mails/hour.

Stefano