Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Peter Galantha <ar...@swi.hu> on 2001/03/19 03:47:58 UTC

TurbineDB - how to init a service myself?

Dear programmers,

I'm a bit new in turbine and missed some things in
services. I tried the class TurbineDB, and it works very well
when i'm using some others like velocity that initializes services
for me,
but does not init itself when I use it in a
simple servlet, it generates a stackowerflow error.

I tried to init PoolBrokerService myself in various ways, without
success.
Can anybody send me some comment about it?
Did not find any useful docs with search engines.

Best wishes for that great work

Peter Galantha
argosz@fw.hu

ps: The code i'm using:

DBConnection dbConn = null;
 try
 {
     dbConn = TurbineDB.getConnection("myDb");
     Statement st = dbConn.createStatement();
     [...]
 }
 catch (Exception e)
 {
     Log.error("Sql exception occured: "+e.getClass().toString()+"
     "+e.getMessage);
 }
 finally
 {
     try
     {
         TurbineDB.releaseConnection(dbConn);
     }
     catch (Exception e)
     {
           Log.warning("Sql exception occured: "+e.getClass().toString()+"
     "+e.getMessage);
     }
 }

Re: TurbineDB - how to init a service myself?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
Peter Galantha <ar...@swi.hu> writes:

> Can anybody send me some comment about it?

http://finemaltcoding.com/~dlr/turbine_api/org/apache/turbine/services/package-summary.html

See the new section titled "Initialization of services outside of the
Turbine servlet".

Daniel Rall

Re: TurbineDB - how to init a service myself?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/18/01 6:47 PM, "Peter Galantha" <ar...@swi.hu> wrote:

> Can anybody send me some comment about it?

Read the javadoc for TurbineConfig.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous