Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2009/11/01 02:16:04 UTC

Re: monitoring resource usage in OpenEJB

On Oct 27, 2009, at 7:32 AM, Francesco Iadanza wrote:

> Hi all,
> a couple of questions as I'm doing some tests with OpenEJB:
> - is there a way to get statistics about the pool size of ejb (SB /
> MDB) and
> of JMS queues used by OpenEJB?

Statistics is one feature we are lacking.  There has been a lot of
interest in this lately, though, so there is definitely going to be
some activity around this at some point.

> - how can I set a timeout on the connection I use to connect
> remotely to SB
> exposed through Tomcat?

In Tomcat, we piggy back on their http connector, so any server-side
timeout functionality they have should work.  I do not know if they
actually have any though.  They *should* have something that controls
the http Keep-Alive duration, but I don't know first hand.

On the client side for http we use the built in vm support
(java.net.HttpURLConnection).  We don't have anything setup for
configuring that in the 3.1.2 release, but I just added something for
you for next release.

Grab this class and include it right in your client code (change the
package of course):

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/HttpConnectionFactory.java

Then you can install it by calling this method in the client vm:

     HttpConnectionFactory customHttpFactory = new
HttpConnectionFactory();

org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionManager.registerFactory("http",
customHttpFactory);

org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionManager.registerFactory("https",
customHttpFactory);

Hope that helps!

-David

Re: monitoring resource usage in OpenEJB

Posted by Francesco Iadanza <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
thanks a lot for your time!
As regards monitoring, in my case is related to the correct dimensioning of
pools to handle the proper amount of load. Is there an open issue about this
task? It's just to follow its progress.
As regards Http timeout, I really appreciate you suggestions and I'll use
your fix immediately.

Thanks again!
Francesco