Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Aaron Delp <aa...@citrix.com> on 2013/08/20 23:23:26 UTC

4.2 Region Question

Trying to wrap my head around regions this afternoon.  Is this a correct assessment of the region function:

  *   Designed to improve scalability and geographic resilience
  *   Requires management server per region
  *   Object storage will be available region wide

Still unsure how to diagram out where the region and management servers would reside. Any graphics ready yet? I see we have regions in the 4.1.1 admin guide but no pretty pictures for us dumb marketing folks :)

Aaron Delp
Senior Director Technical Marketing, Cloud Platform Group
Aaron.Delp@citrix.com / 919-561-7904
blog: aarondelp.com / twitter: @aarondelp

Re: 4.2 Region Question

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Please find answers inline.

More info @ [1] and [2]
[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/AWS-Style+Regions+Fu
nctional+Spec
[2]
On 21/08/13 2:54 AM, "Aaron Delp" <aa...@citrix.com> wrote:

>Trying to wrap my head around regions this afternoon.  Is this a correct
>assessment of the region function:
>
>  *   Designed to improve scalability and geographic resilience
Yes