Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com> on 2014/03/05 00:22:26 UTC

Unable to install cloudant on mu suse linux box?

Hi,
Here is what I get when I try to install cloudant on suse linux sp3. Can anyone help?

lglat253:~/cloudant-0.5.6 # pip install cloudant
Downloading/unpacking cloudant
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/cloudant/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:517: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed>
  Will skip URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/cloudant/ when looking for download links for cloudant
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:517: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed>
  Will skip URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/ when looking for download links for cloudant
  Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/cloudant/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:517: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed>
  Will skip URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/cloudant/ when looking for download links for cloudant
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement cloudant
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for cloudant
Storing complete log in /root/.pip/pip.log
lglat253:~/cloudant-0.5.6 #

Thanks,
Radhika

RE: Unable to install cloudant on mu suse linux box?

Posted by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com>.
Max,
I still have the problem. I checked the link you sent, but I don't think Douglas posted the solution that worked for him. And how do I make my Python distribution linked to a more recent SSL library.

Currently, here is my python version- Python 2.7.5

Thanks,
Radhika

If the links there aren't helpful, let me know!

Best regards,
Max <http://www.maxthayer.org/>

Posted by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com>.
Thanks Max. Is there any way to install cloudant without using pip.

Posted by Max Thayer <ma...@cloudant.com>.
Sounds like this

Posted by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com>.
Thank you for responding. I meant the python interface for couchdb on suse linuz. And yes, I am still stuck.

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudant/

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
Hi Radhika,

Posted by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com>.
I am using Suse Linux and opensuse is different from suse linux I guess.

Posted by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com>.
If I just download cloudant-0.5.6.tar and untar it and put it under /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/, am I all set or is there any setup I need to do to start using cloudant?

Thanks,
Radhika

Posted by Eduardo Zarate <ed...@bbfour.com>.
So strange,