Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Balu Vellanki Bala <bv...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/05/13 23:30:58 UTC

Apache Falcon 0.10 release - Cutting 0.10 branch on 16th May, 2016

Hello Falcon dev team,

Here is the scope for Falcon 0.10 release as it stands today.

  1.  Falcon server-side extensions
  2.  HDFS snapshot based mirroring extension
  3.  Falcon server safemode
  4.  Hive table ingestion and export via Sqoop
  5.  Instance search
  6.  Add Hbase support for GraphDB backend
  7.  Support for TDE encrypted dirs in Falcon mirroring extensions
  8.  Spark integration (initial work)
  9.  Integrate Falcon with Microsoft Azure Data Factory
  10. Cluster entity update

Let me know if there are any scope misses, creeps or concerns. Once the brach is cut, all bug fixes should go into both 0.10 branch and trunk. All new features should strictly go into trunk.

Thank you
Balu Vellanki

Re: Apache Falcon 0.10 release - Cutting 0.10 branch on 16th May, 2016

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.
I think all resolved issues will be in 0.10.   Yes, it is good to call out if we have unresolved issues.

Thanks

Venkat

Posted by Ying Zheng <yz...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Venkat Ramachandran <me...@gmail.com>.
Falcon-1926 where post processing does not send system notifications any
more.

Posted by Balu Vellanki Bala <bv...@hortonworks.com>.
Update : We are waiting on feature "Add Hbase support for GraphDB backendĀ²
to be committed to Apache Falcon before creating a branch for the release.
We hope to complete this in the next day or two,

Balu

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.
Srikanth

1 and 2 are already in - please review and we can fix if you have any issues.

3 will be available for review by Monday

Venkat

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.