Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Brandl, Thomas" <tb...@barff.de> on 2003/10/13 16:43:41 UTC

can't access repository over network

Hi,

I've been trying all day now to access my my svn repository (in a DMZ)
over the network from the LAN side.
The repository I set up seems to be working, I can checkout and list its
contents and all that stuff locally without any problems.
Over the network however - first try way the eclipse plugin - I
constantly get the following error: (command svn co
(http|svn)://svn.mydomain.com /testpath):

> The path was not part of a repository
> PROPFIND request failed on "/"

The hostname svn.mydomain.com points directly to the path I created with
"svnadmin create ..", so there f... should be a repository!!

Do connections via http:// require webdav? I use Apache 1.3 without
mod_dav!

Any help pointing my to the solution is greatly appreciated!

Best reagards
Thomas Brandl
Thomas Brandl
Barff Infotainment
Grimmstr. 1
80336 Muenchen
Tel. 089 / 74 71 16-21
Fax. 089 / 74 71 16-18
tbrandl@barff.de
http://www.barff.de

Re: can't access repository over network

Posted by Roman Neuhauser <ne...@bellavista.cz>.
# rooneg@electricjellyfish.net / 2003-10-13 12:56:18 -0400:

    and in the FAQ: http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html

Re: can't access repository over network

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
C. Michael Pilato wrote:

> "Brandl, Thomas" <tb...@barff.de> writes:
>

>>Do connections via http:// require webdav? I use Apache 1.3 without
>>mod_dav!
>

> They require Apache httpd 2.0 with mod_dav.

It also requires you to load an apache module (mod_dav_svn), and
configure things in apache's config file, and possibly several other
things you have not done, because if you had tried to do them you would
already know that it requires apache 2.0 and mod_dav.

This is all documented in the book, http://svnbook.red-bean.com/.

-garrett

Re: can't access repository over network

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.