Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ahmad Hannouf <ah...@hotmail.com> on 2008/03/05 05:46:35 UTC

ADS crashes

Dear ADS Committee and support,

Is there anyway to rollback or recover a crashed database of ADS?
Suddenly the service stops running after long use,
and seems the internal database has crashed.

Regards.A.Hannouf

Re: ADS crashes

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
That's a great report of your problem.  You might want to exert more energy
and provide us with some detail before posting next time.  Please read this
page before posting again:

Alex

Re: ADS crashes

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ahmad Hannouf wrote:
> Dear ADS Committee and support,
>
> Is there anyway to rollback or recover a crashed database of ADS?
> Suddenly the service stops running after long use,
> and seems the internal database has crashed.

Hi,

first, it would be better if we know which version of ADS you are
talking about. Second, some logs could help to determinate which kind of
problem you really have, and more important, to tell if the server can
be restarted, or repaired.

That being said, yes, there are some tools which can be used. The
important thing to understand is that all the important data are :
- the master table which contains *all* the entries
- the DN table which relates the DN with the entries
- the server.xml file which describes the index to create

That for each partition you have.

Please give us some more information so we can provide some more help !

> Regards.A.Hannouf
> Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power.
> http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com