Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by J B <mo...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/16 21:54:17 UTC

Anonymous Elements

I am struggling with finding elements that are defined in an anonymous
manner.

For instance, take the following XML fragment:

<xs:complexType name="EquipmentModeInformationObjectType">
<xs:complexContent>
<xs:extension base="base:InformationObjectType">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element ref="domain:foo"/>
<xs:element name="bar" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0">
<xs:annotation>
<xs:appinfo>
<ui:fieldAccessMetadata xmlns:ui="urn:espace-consumption:ui">
<ui:commonName>Mode Name</ui:commonName>
</ui:fieldAccessMetadata>
</xs:appinfo>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:extension>
</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

Using the type system, I can find the 'EquipmentModeInformationObjectType'.
I can then loop through it's properties and get the element types. Since
'domain:foo' is a globaltype, to access the eleemnt, I can do a findElements
on the schemaTypeSystem and find it. But the 'bar' element is an anonymous
element. I can get the type, but I need access to the element in order to
access the appInfo underneath.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get thisinformation?

Thanks!

Birch