Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Santosh Kulkarni <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/26 04:17:07 UTC

Connecting to Drill ODBC DSN takes exceptionally long time

While connecting Tableau to Drill ODBC DSN, it takes almost 5 minutes to
connect to Drill.I created 2 DSN, one for Zookeeper Quorum and other one
for Direct to drillbit, Both take very long time to connect successfully to
Drill.

Also, after the connection just to open Schema and the tables within the
schema it takes another few minutes. Underlying datasource is Hive.

Any thoughts on what causes this issue?

Thanks,

Santosh

Re: Connecting to Drill ODBC DSN takes exceptionally long time

Posted by Santosh Kulkarni <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Neeraja.
We are using TDC file with the ODBC driver.

Posted by Neeraja Rentachintala <nr...@maprtech.com>.