Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> on 2011/08/31 19:58:09 UTC

[VOTE] Change the name of the HMS podling to Ambari.

When I was doing the initial trademark search for HMS, I found that
there are a lot of projects (including software) named HMS. It also
has the problem of being very bad to search for (42.7m hits on
google).

Before I go through and create the infrastructure for Apache
incubator, I wanted to discuss changing the name. Suhas did some
searches and found that the name for the royal chair on top of
elephants is "Ambari," which seems like a very nice name to me.

Toward that end, I'd like to propose changing the name from HMS to Ambari.

-- Owen

Re: [VOTE] Change the name of the HMS podling to Ambari.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Arun

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 19:58, Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> wrote:
> When I was doing the initial trademark search for HMS, I found that
> there are a lot of projects (including software) named HMS. It also
> has the problem of being very bad to search for (42.7m hits on
> google).
>
> Before I go through and create the infrastructure for Apache
> incubator, I wanted to discuss changing the name. Suhas did some
> searches and found that the name for the royal chair on top of
> elephants is "Ambari," which seems like a very nice name to me.
>
> Toward that end, I'd like to propose changing the name from HMS to Ambari.

+1

   Bernd

Re: [VOTE] Change the name of the HMS podling to Ambari.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
With 8 +1's and no -1's, the name change passes.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
hey thats a pretty nice name, +1
Cheers

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [VOTE] Change the name of the HMS podling to Ambari.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 like the name =)

- Henry

Posted by "Vitthal \"Suhas\" Gogate" <go...@hortonworks.com>.
Using Royal chair (Ambari) to manage Hadoop Kingdom!  :)

+1

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
+1, yes please!

- Shane, wearing brand hat (not a podling hat)