Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by daniel ccss <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/05 18:10:43 UTC

Re: Simple Question (Action Call from BackingBean init method)

Thanks Both of you, i was out for a while.

Ok I think this is a common question, and not a simple question as I wrote
in my subject, something similar was talked in this thread:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=690288&messageID=4017603

I think the NavigationHandler is the easier and nice solution, but I have
some questions about it beacause I implemented it but nothing happens:

init()
{
    if(userInSession){
       do the load of the controls
    }else{
        FacesContext.getCurrentInstance
().getApplication().getNavigationHandler().
               handleNavigation(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance(),null,"*
showLoggin*");

    }
}

1- Is necesary to use shale-view?
2- The third argument is a navigation rule that is in the faces-config.xml??
3- Can anyone give a sample code of how to do this? I think its not clear
how to handdle this, and many people will use it if is clear :).

Thanks

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hello,

as i already mentioned, please don't use your idea.
in my opinion i got your idea about a base bean, which provides this
functionality. however, as you already saw: it doesn't work.
e.g. if your beans are created within the render response phase you can't
re-navigate.
(further comments about your idea you will find within my previous answers.)

possible solutions:
- use a security extension (such as acegi)
- implement a jsf specific mechanism (you will find some comments below)
- use container based security

do you mean you would like to check if there is already a session or not?
with jsf-based solutions you have to check a custom information within the
session.
reason: jsf automatically starts a session "very early" (within the restore
view phase) - (if it is necessary)
-> e.g. you can use a session scoped bean, which contains the user name (or
whatever you would like to use...)

concerning examples:
all you need to implement a jsf specific mechanism you will find e.g. at the
first link you sent (i just had a quick look...).
both examples (the LoginNavigationHandler and the PhaseLoginEnforcer) will
satisfy your described requirements.
instead of ProxyManagerBean you can use your own session scoped bean, which
contains information you can check (as i mentioned above).
(both solutions have advantages and disadvantages.)

regards,
gerhard

Posted by daniel ccss <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Gerhard

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hello,

there is no need to use shale to implement a login scenario with jsf - it's
just one among many possibilities...
concerning your question about navigation rules (within faces-config.xml) to
implement a login-scenario:

Posted by daniel ccss <da...@gmail.com>.