Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2018/04/05 21:54:56 UTC

CSS compress/minify mode

Hi,

I saw that SASS can "compress" the CSS generated (like a minify). But when
I do this, final App can deal with the compressed CSS code:

[-load-config=/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Source/royale-asjs/examples/royale/JewelExample/target/compile-app-config.xml,
-js-output=/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Source/royale-asjs/examples/royale/JewelExample/target/javascript,
-compiler.targets=JSRoyale,SWF,
/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Source/royale-asjs/examples/royale/JewelExample/src/main/royale/App.mxml]
/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Source/royale-asjs/examples/royale/JewelExample/Jewel-Light-NoFlat-Primary-Blue-Theme-0.9.3-SNAPSHOT-js.swc:defaults.css(17):
col: 1527 Error:
Jewel-Light-NoFlat-Primary-Blue-Theme-0.9.3-SNAPSHOT-js.swc:defaults.css
line 16:1526 no viable alternative at character 'b'

Don't know if this is interesting or not. In the end I think that minify
should be done in "js-release" mode, so the theme(s) can be uncompressed
but the js-release CSS generated in final app should be minified the same
as App.js.

So why don't we minify final CSS? I suppose that I miss something here

Thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: CSS compress/minify mode

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

On 4/5/18, 2:54 PM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
<carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrovira@apache.org> wrote:

>So why don't we minify final CSS? I suppose that I miss something here

Nobody has time to work on it.  If you do, feel free.

-Alex