Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/11/09 21:34:30 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Daemon 1.1.0 based on RC2

On 09/11/17 20:18, Gary Gregory wrote:
> There is a lot of required information missing from this VOTE request.

No there isn't. The VOTE contains more than the minimum necessary
information for a VOTE that is consistent with ASF policy.

Take a look at a typical httpd vote thread:
http://markmail.org/thread/t5qjo3s6cnis6dag

> How about following the format in
> http://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html ?

Commons seems to have added an awful lot of additional requirements.
Working through them:

Listing the Maven artefacts and hashes is unnecessary given the staging
repo URL and the auditing we have in place around repository actions.

The site is not part of the release and as such does not need to be
voted on. In addition, now that people.a.o does not allow shell access
publishing a draft site is rather more involved. Simpler for folks just
to build it locally and review it if they want to.

With uploading a working draft site no longer possible, providing links
to RAT and Clirr reports is not as simple as it once was. Added to
which, if folks want to base their vote on the RAT and Clirr reports
then to be sure they see the correct results they should generate them
locally. Given they'll have to build from source anyway, generating
those reports (and the rest of the site) is only one more command.

What the RM has tested and how belongs in the RM's vote e-mail, not in
the original call for a VOTE.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Sorry folks.

I think this is just user error with auto-complete on the address but it
has been happening an awful lately. I'm beginning to wonder if there is
some UI oddity going on. I'll try and keep an eye on it.

Sorry for the noise.

Mark