Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by pa...@wipro.com on 2006/11/07 14:11:03 UTC

Floating window in JSF

Hi All,

I have written a code for floating window in javascript.
I have tried to run in the IE and its working fine.
I now intend to integrate this code in JSF(Websphere Portals).

padding-right:0px; z-index:1">
border:1px solid; width:185px; text-align:left">

But when i translate this code in JSF.
I do not know how to replace
In a way so that i could call positionit() funtion when the explorer is
clicked.

I had tried including <h:form onclick()="positionit()"> but it doesnt
bear the results.
Is there any corresponding body tag in JSF or onload() function.
How could i make this work in JSF.

Best Regards,
Pallavi

www.wipro.com

Re: Floating window in JSF

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
pallavi.roy@wipro.com schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> I have written a code for floating window in javascript.

No need for that anymore, since yesterday night there is basic floating
window support in myfaces...
check out the new sandbox floating pane component

(however this component as of yet does not hold positions over page
refreshes, I maybe will add that later via cookie statesaving (there are
form issues which prevent a real roundtrip solution for those things))

There also is a small demo, in the dojo subdir of the sandbox examples
demonstrating it!

Re: Floating window in JSF

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
Pallavi,

There is no page onload attribute in the JSF spec. As I understand, this
was deliberately excluded for some reason. Perhaps they felt it led to
poor designs.

However, if you really need an onload() event, don't despair. If you add
Ajax4jsf you can use the onload from the a4j:page tag. See [1].

[1]
https://ajax4jsf.dev.java.net/nonav/documentation/ajax-documentation/developerGuide.html#d0e436

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff