Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Keith Bennett <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/03 23:25:33 UTC

Checkstyle Chokes on Java 5.0 Constructs

All -

I am new to Maven, and am using version 1.  I recently downloaded and
installed it, so I'm pretty sure I have recent files.

I'm running among other things a checkstyle report, and it chokes on
the Java 5.0 syntax ('Vector<MyClass>' and 'for (Object object :
objects)').  The console output is included below.

My maven repository checkstyle/jars directory contains version 3.4
plugins.  How does it know where to find the checkstyle jar file to
use?  I tried deleting the 3.4 files and replacing them with 3.5 files,
but it knew it wanted 3.4 files and redownloaded them.  Is this
hardcoded into the plugin?

Do you know what I have to do to get checkstyle to accept the new Java
5.0 syntax?

Thanks for any help,
Keith

checkstyle:run:
    [echo] Using
file:/home/kbennett/.maven/cache/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.5/plugin-resources/sun_checks.xml
for checkstyle ...
/home/kbennett/3dTopo/src/main/java/com/lsi_gis/topology/prototype/database/FeatureManager.java:104:12:
unexpected token: Vector
/home/kbennett/3dTopo/src/main/java/com/lsi_gis/topology/prototype/util/PickManager.java:242:25:
unexpected token: object

Re: Checkstyle Chokes on Java 5.0 Constructs

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com>.
Check today's thread called "Checkstyle for Java 5 question", solution follows: