Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Willingham Geoff <Ge...@cfh.nhs.uk> on 2006/06/13 20:46:27 UTC

Questions regarding the user of the 'HTML Link Parser'

Greetings

I have a test script, which attempts to use HTML Link Parsers, with no
success.  There is a series of 10 HTTP Request samplers, that execute in
sequence.  Excluding the first sampler, they all have a HTML Link Parser
attached.  On each sampler, parameters have been entered for the form
elements that need to be submitted.  Each parameter has a value of '.*'
(dot-star, without quotes).  The server reply for each sampler contains
the form elements (and values) required by the following sampler. (This
has been confirmed via the 'View Result Tree' element).

The problem is that the HTML Link Parser is not substituting values into
the sampler.  the requests are being sent to the server with all values
still set to .* (dot-star).

Whilst I could potentially use a reg-exp post-processor, each request
deals with around 20 form elements, and the end test will have around
100 samplers.  I would definitely prefer to avoid having to write regexp
for all those parameters.  (and the specified parameters, and their
values, change with each request - no re-using of values :/)

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Cheers

Geoff
p.s. I have read what appears to be the relevant manual section (18.7.1)
several times, and can see no clues there.

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.