Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/20 04:31:14 UTC

Re: building httpd-2.0.63 on AIX 6.1 - stuck: make install fails after buildconf

On 12/19/09, Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  cc: 1501-228 input file /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so

You need to backtrack to the "make install" of the bundled APR, as
this is what apr-util is complaining about.    You might find it
easier to build against an installed, rather than a bundled, APR to
simplify/separate.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: building httpd-2.0.63 on AIX 6.1 - stuck: make install fails after buildconf

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
Very nice suggestion - as with the original tarball I do get the .so files -
BUT - the make install fails at the same location.

Testing again... original tarball, plus updated config.guess create *.a
files, and make install succeeds.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
To get a better idea of what might be going wrong I redid ./configure using
lots of different paths. Maybe from these errors you know where I need to be
looking.

The end message is now:
cc: 1501-228 input file /opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib/libapr-0.so not found
libtool: install: error: relink `libaprutil-0.la' with the above command
before installing it

So, it does not like working with DESTDIR it seems.

The actual copying to the DESTDIR area has been done ...
/bin/sh /data/prj/httpd-2.0.63/srclib/apr/libtool --mode=install cp
libapr-0.la /data/prj/build/http
d2063/opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib
cp .libs/libapr-0.so.0.9.17
/data/prj/build/httpd2063/opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib/libapr-0.so.0.9.17
(cd /data/prj/build/httpd2063/opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib && { ln -s -f
libapr-0.so.0.9.17 libapr-0.so
.0 || { rm -f libapr-0.so.0 && ln -s libapr-0.so.0.9.17 libapr-0.so.0; }; })
(cd /data/prj/build/httpd2063/opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib && { ln -s -f
libapr-0.so.0.9.17 libapr-0.so
 || { rm -f libapr-0.so && ln -s libapr-0.so.0.9.17 libapr-0.so; }; })

And the proof is:
michael@x054:[/data/prj/build/httpd2063]find `pwd` | grep libapr
/data/prj/build/httpd2063/opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib/libapr-0.so.0.9.17
/data/prj/build/httpd2063/opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib/libapr-0.so.0
/data/prj/build/httpd2063/opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib/libapr-0.so
/data/prj/build/httpd2063/opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib/libapr-0.la
/data/prj/build/httpd2063/opt/aixt/apache2/exec/lib/libapr-0.a

So, is there a template that is not being followed correctly?

When I ran buildconf I got several warnings? Could it be related to that?

michael@x054:[/data/prj/httpd-2.0.63]./buildconf
rebuilding srclib/apr/configure
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: autoconf version 2.64 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 1.5.26 (ok)
Copying libtool helper files ...
buildconf: Using libtool.m4 at /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4.
Creating include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in ...
autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
`config.h.bot'
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `
config.h.in'
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows one to define a template
without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see
the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
Creating configure ...
rebuilding rpm spec file
rebuilding srclib/apr-util/configure
Looking for apr source in /data/prj/httpd-2.0.63/srclib/apr
Creating include/private/apu_config.h ...
Creating configure ...
Invoking xml/expat/buildconf.sh ...
Incorporating /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 into aclocal.m4 ...
Copying libtool helper files ...
Creating config.h.in ...
[...]
copying build files
fixing timestamps for mod_ssl sources