Posted to users@sling.apache.org by anjan <po...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/08 14:30:43 UTC

Standalone Sling is not starting

We are observing a strange behavior with one of the installations of Sling
(the OS is *Windows Server 2012 R2*) standalone application (the application
is built using Maven and JDK 7, the source is checked out from the stable
release in Jan 2014).  We are successfully running this application in
various other OS'es without issue.

When we run the stand alone application for the first time, the application
starts and we could see all the bundles running perfectly fine.  But when we
restart this application again, it shows that the process is started, but
now the console shows 43 bundles are in "Installed" state (instead of
"Active").  We did not see any errors.  But we see that the System bundle
(Id is 0) is showing in "Starting" state which seems to be the problem.  I
am not sure, what is causing this strange behavior.  Any pointers?

Re: Standalone Sling is not starting

Posted by anjan <po...@gmail.com>.
I am using the options "start -j localhost:0" while starting the server.
After removing these options, I am able to start Sling successfully.