Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Libor Kramoliš <li...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/14 15:27:09 UTC

Patches of install and deploy plugins to support classifiers published

Hello.

I have couple of questions and also I have some answers about artifact *
classifiers*.

What do you think about classifiers? Do you think they are important? Do you
think they are useful.
I think it is great idea but it is not so much supported by plugins.
Classifiers are great to build artifact to different environments - as you
describe at
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-building-for-different-environments.html
.

Currently it is not possible to install/deploy POM of artifact with
classifier. It produces that *transitive dependencies do not work* -
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2759.

--
*I solved it!*
I attached patches to *install* (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINSTALL-41)

Could you review those patches? There are some methods that should be rather
moved to maven core *maven-artifact-manager* classes *
DefaultArtifactInstaller* or *DefaultArtifactDeployer*. What do you think
about this implementation? Could you apply it in next plugin releases?

Classifier users - please vote for mentioned install and deploy issues to be
solved soon.

Best regards,
Libor